Subject: [FFML][Fanfic][Ranma 1/2][Eva] Past/Future Chapter 2 alpha
From: Short Yes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 23:01:08 EDT

[Only the first 2K of this message is displayed, as it is too long to view
through AOL. The entire message has been turned into a text attachment, which
you can retrieve by selecting Download. Once downloaded, open it with a word
processor or text editor for reading.]

After many many many many emails asking for chapter two which was chapter 3,
the Prelude which was Chpater One and Chapter One which was Chapter two.  I
renamed them all.  As of right now there are only 3 parts to Past/Future.  I
mess up somewhere along the line and misnamed the chapters.  Sorry.  Also I
received an email from one of my pre reades saying that this is very similar
to James Lee Alternate Universe.  The only similarity is that Ranma is living
with Ritsuko.  I've kept in touch with James for awhile ever since I noticed
that he writing a Ranma/Eva fic very similar in idea to mine.  There are still
some holes(aka Alpha/draft) and also some mysteries which I will answer in
later Chapters.  This is also one of my longest chapters.  Maybe short to some
but longer than most of my other fics.  Hope you enjoy and all C&C welcome
even flame.  

Sincerely
Long aka CreatorofKings
http://members.aol.com/ShortYes/FanficHomepage.html
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/2881/Kasumi.htm
Home of Ranma 1/2 FD

To rise above the rest 
One must learn and accept the good and bad
For only then can you use the cracks to reach the top.
****************CreatorofKings*********************************

standard disclaimer applies
this series is not mine.  I am using it without permission.  Don't sue me,
this is for entermainment purpose only.

Thanks to my pre readers : Octavian, Harijubal, James Lee, Lord Talon, K Yee,
Sevredwood, GenSao2, 

Evangelion / Ranma1/2 : Past Future Chapter 2
created by Long Ngo
Started April 13, 1998
Finished April 16, 1998

	*Another unfamiliar ceiling,* thought Shinji.  Opening his eyes, Shinji
noticed a green and white blur by the side of his bed.  Blinking a couple of
times, Shinji was finally able to make out the green and white uniform that
was common to all students attending his school.  It took him a moment longer
to make out Rei's face.  Shinji was surprised to wake up and find Rei by his
side.  
After many many many many emails asking for chapter two which was chapter 3,
the Prelude which was Chpater One and Chapter One which was Chapter two.  I
renamed them all.  As of right now there are only 3 parts to Past/Future.  I
mess up somewhere along the line and misnamed the chapters.  Sorry.  Also I
received an email from one of my pre reades saying that this is very similar
to James Lee Alternate Universe.  The only similarity is that Ranma is living
with Ritsuko.  I've kept in touch with James for awhile ever since I noticed
that he writing a Ranma/Eva fic very similar in idea to mine.  There are still
some holes(aka Alpha/draft) and also some mysteries which I will answer in
later Chapters.  This is also one of my longest chapters.  Maybe short to some
but longer than most of my other fics.  Hope you enjoy and all C&C welcome
even flame.  

Sincerely
Long aka CreatorofKings
http://members.aol.com/ShortYes/FanficHomepage.html
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/2881/Kasumi.htm
Home of Ranma 1/2 FD

To rise above the rest 
One must learn and accept the good and bad
For only then can you use the cracks to reach the top.
****************CreatorofKings*********************************

standard disclaimer applies
this series is not mine.  I am using it without permission.  Don't sue me,
this is for entermainment purpose only.

Thanks to my pre readers : Octavian, Harijubal, James Lee, Lord Talon, K Yee,
Sevredwood, GenSao2, 

Evangelion / Ranma1/2 : Past Future Chapter 2
created by Long Ngo
Started April 13, 1998
Finished April 16, 1998

	*Another unfamiliar ceiling,* thought Shinji.  Opening his eyes, Shinji
noticed a green and white blur by the side of his bed.  Blinking a couple of
times, Shinji was finally able to make out the green and white uniform that
was common to all students attending his school.  It took him a moment longer
to make out Rei's face.  Shinji was surprised to wake up and find Rei by his
side.  Shinji made a mental note to ask Misato what had happened.  Thinking
back, Shinji couldn't remember an incident other than after his first mission
that Rei had visited him at the hospital. It had been his first time piloting
Evanglion Unit 01 and he had blacked out due to the pain he received from the
Angel.  Later, after watching the tapes, did he learn that Eva Unit 01 had
gone into berserk mode and had killed the Angel.  Turning his attention back
to Rei, he was grateful for her company.  He was just too shy to break the
silence and thank her properly.  Looking to his right, Shinji finally noticed
another boy his age lying on the other bed.  *Strange, I've never seen him
before.  I don't think he goes to my school.  Oh well, I'll ask Misato later.*
Looking back at Rei, he noticed her standing up.  

      "I am happy that you are awake Ikari-kun."  With that simply statement,
she headed toward the door.

      "Huh...thank you Rei, " he stammered, not knowing what else to do or
say.  He had also used Rei's first name.  Usually he called her Ayanami.
After staring at Rei's retreating form until the door closed, Shinji went back
to staring at the ceiling.  His concentration was soon disrupted as the
patient next to him let out a low groan.  Turning his head once again to the
right, Shinji noticed the boy with the pigtail was trying to sit up.

	“Argg, the pounding in my head is worse than being hit on the head by one of
Akane’s mallets,” Ranma muttered to himself.  Looking around, Ranma noticed
that he was in a hospital room.  Being accident prone, due to mostly to his
rivals/enemies trying to kill him, had given Ranma a clear picture of the
inside of a hospital room.  One of the first thing Ranma sensed when he woke
up was that he was not alone.  After years of martial arts training, he had
acquired a sixth sense.  This had helped him in numerous occasions where
sensing the presence of another had saved him from bodily injuries.  Turning
to his left, Ranma noticed Shinji and studied him intently.  One of the first
rule he had learned from his father was know thy enemy as well as thy friend.
*Why is this boy in the hospital?  By his posture and demure, he was not a
martial artist like himself or any of the other various people he knew.  It
seems to Ranma that the person next to him had very little confidence but had
the look of a fighter beneath the exterior.  Ranma also felt no distinct aura
around the boy that would mark him as an accomplished martial artist.
Examining his roommate again, Ranma couldn't find any injuries that might have
lead him to the hospital.  Why was that boy here? * Ranma thought.

	Having since heard Ranma’s groan, Shinji had been studying his neighbor.
Soon though, the strange boy had turned toward him and was looking straight at
him.  Shinji sensed that the stranger was evaluating him in the same way an
Eva pilot was evaluate an Angel and was very similar to Asuka’s gaze the first
time he meet her except without the snobbish arrogant look on his face.  *Who
was this guy and why does it seem like he could take Toji with one hand tied
behind his back?*  Shinji suddenly thought.  As far as Shinji knew, Toji was
one of the best fighters at his school.  That was before he lost one of his
arms and legs and after Nerv replaced them.  Shinji couldn’t stand looking at
the strangers evaluating gaze another second, turned his head back toward the
ceiling.

	Seeing his neighbor turning his head away from him and staring at the
ceiling, Ranma decided to try and get to know his neighbor.  He did not know
why he was in the hospital room or how long he will stay.  Ranma already knew
it was nothing physically wrong with him.  He healed fast and was never in a
hospital for more than a week even with major injuries.  He wondered where
Doctor Tofu was.  Usually he would be here to meet with him by this time.
Forgoing any more on the subject, Ranma decided to take the initiative.  “Hi,
my name is Saotome Ranma.”

	Seeing the stranger was introducing himself, Shinji felt obligated to do the
same. “My name is Ikari Shinji.”  

	“So Shinji why are you here?”

	The last thing Shinji could recall was his strange dream where Misato, Rei
and Asuka wanted him to join with them.  “I do not know.”

	“Seems like we are both in the same situation.  I was wondering what hospital
are we in?  I’ve never seen one like this before.”

	“I believe we are in one of Nerv’s facilities.”

	“Nerv?”

	Taken back by Ranma’s question, Shinji gave Ranma a strange look.  “You've
never heard of Nerv?”  Living in Tokyo 3, he should know what Nerv was and
seeing that Ranma was in the same hospital room as himself, Shinji had thought
that Ranma was associated with Nerv in some way.  

	“Nope, never heard of Nerv,” Ranma answered.  Suddenly feeling thirsty,
looked around for a glass of water.  Seeing a glass of water in front of his
bed, Ranma stood up and was surprised that he was a little off balanced.
*Strange, this never happened before,* Ranma thought.  Usually, after being in
the hospital he might feel a little weak but he never before lost his sense of
balance that he had developed over eleven years of martial arts training.
Thinking back, the only time he had lost it was the few months he had to
adjust after he was cursed.  As he approached the table, Ranma’s head suddenly
ached causing Ranma to trip into the table.  Catching himself before he fell,
all that Ranma managed to do was spill the entire content of the glass onto
himself.  *Great, now someone else knows my curse, * Ranma chided himself.
Then Ranma did a double take.  He had not felt the change which usually takes
place after he was drenched with water.  Feeling his chest and finding no
breast, Ranma let out a loud cry of joy.  Soon Ranma was hopping around
chanting, “I’m never going to be a girl anymore.”  After awhile, Ranma noticed
the strange look Shinji was giving him and stop but not before he took a good
look at himself in mirror.  What he saw astonished him.  He was young again
and looked to be around 14.  *What would Akane, Ukyou and the whole Nerima
gang think of this?* Ranma thought.  *What would Ryouga think?*  Smiling to
himself, Ranma went over to Shinji and tried to explain the reason for his
unexpected burst of happiness.

     The next few hours were sent with both boys telling the other how
horrible their lives were and what terrible fathers they both had.  After 5
hours of comparing their lives to one another, the only thought that went
through both boy’s mind was that, *Boy, what would I give to have a father
like yours.*

	To Ranma having his father leaving him behind would have been better than
taking him on his stupid training trip.  Look at how Ryouga turned out minus
his depression and the constant state of revenge.  If Gendou was his father,
then he would not have any fiancee problems, he would never have been
subjected to the horrible Neko-ken training and best of all he would never
have been cursed.  After the discussion, Ranma soon discovered that he was in
the future.  It also meant no more Tendous and all of his friends were either
dead or were now grown-ups.  Ranma suddenly felt depressed for the first time
since learning about his cure.  The cost he paid was to great.  Ranma never
liked feeling alone and like Shinji, Ranma treasured all his friends.  He even
grouped his enemies as his friends.  

	To Shinji, it would have been great to have a father that was constantly
actively taking part in his life.  After years of abandonment, even a father
like Ranma’s, Shinji would not mind.  Seeming to be on the same wave length
like Ranma, Shinji realized that without his father’s activities with Nerv, he
would never have meet the friends he had now like Rei, Misato, Toji or even
Asuka.  Turning toward Ranma, “You do know we are more alike than inhumanly
possible.”

	“I know what you mean man.”

      In unison, "Both out father's name start with Gen..."  Suddenly they
both broke into fits of laughter.

      "So what is Misato like?"

      "She is a slob and can't cook.  She can't even prepare instant ramen
right."  The look on Shinji's face was one of "How can someone mess up
something so easy."  Looking at Ranma, he noticed how hard he was trying not
to laugh.

      Ranma couldn't believe it.  Someone who is almost as bad as Akane.
Ranma having made up his mind that Akane was the worse cook in the world and
no one will ever take that position from her.  Ranma couldn't hold his laugher
in anymore and started to laugh out loud.  "Oh, you wouldn't believe how bad
Akane's cooking is.  She can't even boil water right to cook instant ramen."

      After a few moments of comparing notes on Misato and Akane's cooking
skills, "Okay, okay you prove your point.  Akane is worse than Misato.  I just
can't believe there is someone else out there that can cook worse than
Misato."  Shinji shaking his head, "I feel sorry for you Ranma.  Not even I
touch Misato's cooking these days and you having to eat Akane's food everytime
she decides to cook."

      "Thanks Shinji, it seems like we both have women problems but I think
all my problems are bigger than yours."

      *I can't tell him about the Evas and the Angels and how big my problems
really are Ranma.*  "Well I still think my problems are bigger but I can't
tell you about them yet."

      "Why not?"

       Smiling, "Because if I do, I've have to kill you and I'm starting to
like this friendship."

       Ranma, thinking it was a joke, laughed.  "This is the most fun I've had
in awhile Shinji."

       Both continued to talk unaware of events taking place around them.

* * * * * * * * * *

      "What do you think of this situation Ritsuko?  Where did the boy come
from?"

      "I can't explain this situation at all.  No one else should have come
out of Eva Unit One except for Shinji and maybe Yui.  The appearance of this
boy does not compute and the Magi has no answers."

       "I see then.  You are dismissed."  Gendou's eyes never leaving the
doorway, addressed the closest person he had to a friend.  "What do you think
Fuyuzuki?" 

       "I don't know if this will set out plans back any.  At the very least
we know this boy does not work for Seele.  

        "True.  Tell Misato to invite him to Nerv.  If he accepts then he
shall be designated the 5th child.  Eva 04 is on its way to Nerv's testing
facilities at this moment.  He will be a back-up pilot.  This will also give
us a chance to run some test on him."

         "I understand."

* * * * * * * * * *

         Misato could not believe the orders she was given.  She duties were
to find out as much as she could about the past history of the strange new boy
and then ask him to join Nerv as an Eva pilot.  Orders were orders and at
least this way she was going to be able to see Shinji.  As time pass, Misato
started to love Shinji.  Before the arrival of Shinji and Asuka, the Evas were
only considered tool to her.  Now she considered them family.  Every blow to
the Eva received was like a blow to her family.  She could not believe how
close she was to losing Shinji.  Shaking her head, she headed toward Shinji
and the new boy's room.  When Shinji reappeared everyone was relieved, even
Asuka.  She was just happy to have her Shinji back.

         Opening the door to Shinji's room, she heard laughter.  A sound she
had never heard from Shinji before.  A sound filled with happiness and
deprived of loneliness.  Looking inside, She notice that both boys were
throwing pillows at one another and truly enjoying themselves.  The sight that
greeted her were of two children playing with no care in the world.  It
brought back memories of happier times before the Second Impact.  Clearing her
throat, "Well looks like you are feeling better now, huh Shinji?"

          "Hey Misato, I would like you to meet Ranma, my new friend.  I just
found out we have much in common.  Ranma meet Misato, I'm living with her."

          After the last statement, Ranma decided to have a little fun.
Raising one of his eyelids and doing an exaggerated look at Misato and then
Shinji.  "Living with her huh?"

          Thinking that Ranma had the wrong idea, "No, I meant that I live
with Misato and another girl."  Seeing that Ranma had raised his eyebrow a
little higher, Shinji blushed.  "Ranma stop that, Misato is taking care of me.
I told you that already.  At least I don't live with three girls like you."
Seeing that Ranma had the decency to look away after that statement caused
Shinji laugh at Ranma's embarrassment.  

          *So his name is Ranma is it, *  Misato thought.  "Nice to meet you
Ranma."  Misato could not help but admire his good looks.  After the thought
had passed, she metally kicking herself for think that way of a 14 year old.
As she studied him, she felt Ranma had an air of confidence surrounding him.
This was different from Asuka.  Looking at Ranma, she felt he could back it up
and it sent a little shiver down her spine.

           "Nice to meet you too."  *Wow, Misato could give Miss Hinako a run
for her money, * Ranma mused.

            "So Ranma, what do you know of Nerv?"

            "Not much, just what Shinji told me."

             Looking up at Shinji, "Shinji, you didn't tell him anything
classified did you."

             Seeing the look on Misato's face, Shinji quickly answered her.
"No, just what Nerv is all about."

              "Well Nerv is an organization built to protect mankind from the
Angels."  

              "Why do you want protection from the Angels, aren't they the
good guys?"

              "No, wrong Angels.  The Angels we fight are several stories high
and can only be defeated by using an Evangelion Unit, a robot built by man and
man's last line of defense."

              "Misato, is this leading to what I think it does?" Shinji asked.

              "Yes it is Shinji.  Ranma, how would you like to join Nerv and
defend Tokyo 3?"

              Looking at Shinji and then back to Misato.  If Nerv is
everything Misato implies, then there still is a chance they might be able to
send me home.  "Err..sure I'll join.  One question though.  How did I get
here?"

               Sighing, "Well why don't you wait til the debriefing tomorrow
and I'll answer your question then, okay?"

               "Sure!"

               "Okay Ranma, your living arrangements have been settled and you
will be living with Akagi Ritsuko.  She is the head of our scientific research
department.  Seeing as you are not from around here, we didn't want to leave
you alone." *In other words, we don't want you wondering off until we know who
you are.*

                "Cool!"

                "Everything is settled then.  If you wait here, Ritsuko will
be coming along shortly to pick you up." Turning toward Shinji, "Hurry up and
get dress Shinji, we'll be leaving now."

                 Shinji didn't want to go.  For the first time since he
arrived at Nerv, Shinji had meet someone who understood his problems if not
actually having the same ones.  "Okay Misato.  See you around Ranma."

                  "Don't be so grumpy Shinji, Ranma is an Eva pilot now and
you'll be seeing him in school tomorrow."

                   "School?  What, do I have to go to school?"
        
                  "Don't be silly Ranma, all kids have to go to school."

                  "Ahh man, this isn't fair.  I have to take High School over
again." 

                 Looking up, "You've already graduated High School?"  *He
doesn't look like the genius type to me.*

                   "Uh, what I meant was school.  Yeah, I'm going to school
tomorrow."

                  A huge sweatdrop appeared above Shinji and Misato's head.
"Okay Ranma, you go lay down and get some rest."

                 Seeing Shinji and Misato leaving, Ranma mentally kicked
himself for putting his foot in his mouth once again.  After living with Akane
for two years, he should have learned to think before he spoke.  Lying back
down, Ranma started to study the ceiling.  By the look of things I'm in the
future.  I miss the gang already.  I wonder if I could contact anyone.  Ranma
was not even sure he was still in Nerima.

                  The door to Ranma's room opened and a tall blond lady
wearing a doctor's coat walked in.  " So your name is Ranma is it?  My name is
Ritsuko.  I'm your guardian." *If a person like Misato can handle two kids,
why can't I handle one?*

                  "Okay.  Can we leave now, I hate the hospital."

                  "Sure, why don't you get dress and follow me."

* * * * * * * * *

      Opening the door, "So here is your new home Ranma."  Stepping aside so
that Ranma could get a look inside.

      One look at the inside of Ritsuko's apartment sent a chill down Ranma's
back.  Of all the people in the world, why did he have to be assign to someone
who loves cats.

      Seeing the sudden change in Ranma posture, "Is something wrong Ranma?"

      "I have this sudden fear of cats Ritsuko.  Is there by any chance a live
cat inside the apartment?"

      Her outlook of Ranma suddenly change.  Ever since leaving the hospital,
Ritsuko thought Ranma acted very similar to Asuka, over confident and a little
cocky.  Now seeing this made him look more vulnerable than Shinji.  "Don't
worry Ranma, I don't have a live cat around here."

      Hearing Ritsuko's statement, Ranma relaxed.  Stepping inside the
apartment, still gave him the chills as he looked around.  There were cat mug,
statues of cats, cat picture frames, there were cats everywhere.  

      "Your room is down the hall on the right."

      Thanking Kami for a distraction, Ranma headed toward his room.  Looking
around his room, he thanked Kami a second time.  The was not a single piece of
cat anything in his room.  Dropping the bag of newly acquired clothes on his
bed, he started to unpack.  He was disappointed that he could not find any of
the shirts and pants he usually wore.  He also hated wearing a uniform as
well.  Take the good with the bad Ranma.

      Later that evening, Ritsuko couldn't believe the amount of food Ranma
was eating.  In ten minutes, Ranma had finished off three quarter of the food
on the table.  Shaking her head, Ritsuko finished what was left of the food.
"Okay Ranma, now about chores around the apartment.  How about we take turns
every other day?  Someone will clean while the other cook?  You do know how to
cook right Ranma?"

      Ranma hated cooking.  Cooking was for girls, but seeing as how he would
be living here, he decided to be cooporative.  "Yes."

      "Good, then everything is set.  See you in the morning Ranma.  You have
school tomorrow."

      *School, oh joy.* "Goodnight Ritsuko."

* * * * * * * * * * 

      The next morning Ritsuko was interrupted by noises coming from her
living room.  The first thought was that a someone had broken into her
apartment.  Slowly opening the door, she found Ranma had cleared away a good
portion of her furnature and was kicking and punching at the air.  "What are
you doing Ranma?  Do you know what time it is?"

      "Sorry about that.  I was just practicing some martial arts and I
usually wake up around 6:00 am.  Breakfast is ready though." 

      Seeing as she was not going to get anymore sleep, Ritsuko headed toward
the dinning room table.  Sitting down, Ritsuko took a bite and her eyes
suddenly flew open.  This was good, chewing a little more.  This was really
good.  The best she has had in a very long time.  "This is really good Ranma.
Where did you learn how to cook this?"

      He hated it, when someone reminded him of how good a cook he was.  They
reminded him of when his mother told him what a wonderful wife he would make
and it sent shivers down his spine.  "My mother taught me."

     Ritsuko still couldn't believe how good this was.  This might not seem so
bad after all.  Getting up and cleaning the plates, Ritsuko turned toward
Ranma.  "Ranma after school follow Shinji to Nerv headquarters for debriefing
okay?"

      "Sure."  Ranma was looking forward to seeing Shinji again.  

      "Oh by the way, here is your Nerv ID card.  Shinji and Asuka will be
here shortly to take you to school."

      As luck would have it, there was a knock on the front door.

      "That must be them now."

* * * * * * * * * * *

      "What kind of guy is this Ranma anyways?  He must be a real geek like
Toji and Kensuke."

      "Stop picking on my friends Asuka."  Shinji was a little mad at Asuka
for constantly making fun of his friends.  Deep down though, Shinji could not
wait to see Ranma again.  Shinji had finally found a friend that could
understand him.  Shinji also wanted to see Asuka's face when she first meet
Ranma.  Ranma could give Kaji a fun for his money if he was older.  They both
were handsome and had plenty of women chasing them when they were young or
more persicely, Ranma still has girls chasing after him and Kaji had started
to see Misato exclusively.  

       After knocking three times, the Second and Third child waited.  Opening
the door, Shinji saw Ranma standing in front of him.  Smiling, "Hey Ranma, I
would like you to meet Asuka.  Asuka, this is Ranma, your so call geek."

      Looking at Ranma, Asuka had to admit, this boy was not a geek like Toji
or Kensuke.  *Why does he remind me of Kaji?* Asuka thought.  Seeing as how
she was staring at Ranma. Asuka blushed and turned her head away from Ranma
and toward Shinji.  "Okay so he isn't a geek, you just got lucky Shinji.  Even
a monkey gets lucky once in awhile."  *What am I doing, I have Kaji*

      Shinji was trying hard not to smile.  The day was turning out fine.
"Ready to go Ranma?"

      "Sure, let me get my lunch.  I've made some extra for you and Asuka,
didn't want you to suffer Misato's cooking."  With that Ranma headed inside
laughing.

      "How did he know about Misato, Shinji?"

       "I told him yesterday."

       "What else did you tell him?"  Asuka did not know why but she wanted to
know what Shinji told Ranma about her.

      "Nothing else really."

     Asuka interrogation wa interupt by Ranma.  "Lets go, don't want to be
late."  *Did I just say that?* Ranma thought.

      Along the way to school, "Why are you doing that Ranma?"

      "Doing what Shinji?"

     "Walking on the fence stupid."

      Not wanting to spoil the first moning since he was cured, he ignored
Asuka.  "Practicing my balance.  I've studied martial arts since I could
walk."

      "Oh really that is cool."

      The rest of the way to school, Ranma talked to Shinji while ignoring
Asuka.  This just made her really mad.  Nearing the school, Asuka could not
take it any longer and kicked the fence.  The results were not what Asuka had
in mind.  Instead of falling into the water on the other side, Ranma nimbly
jumped off the fence and did a single flip before before landing on the
sidewalk in front of Asuka and started to run to school, leaving both Shinji
and Asuka behind.

      "I don't know how much longer I could have ignored Asuka.  She is as bad
as Akane.  Not looking where he was going, Ranma ran right into Toji, knocking
not only both of them down but taking Kensuke and Hikari with him.

      "What in world are you doing?"  Toji was mad.  Not only did someone run
into and knocked him down, that same person knocked down two of his closest
friends.  Standing up, Toji found a boy about a few centimeters shorter than
him with a pigtail dusting himself off.  

      "Sorry about that, wasn't looking where I was heading."

      "Well you're going to be sorry.  I'm going to beat the stuffing out of
you."

      Seeing as how Ranma might have found a sparring partner looked up at
Toji, "Is that a challenge?"

      "I'll teach you to knock me and my friends down."

       At this time, Kensuke and Hikari were trying to stop Toji from beating
up on the new kid.  "It was an accident Toji and he said he was sorry.  You
don't have to beat him up."

      Seeing that some people were concern for his well being, Ranma smiled.
"Hey don't worry, a challenge is a challenge and I never back down from a
challenge."  The looks he was receiving were one of, "Are you crazy?"

      Shinji and Asuka just watched Ranma sprinting to school.  "Wow, he is
fast." They both thought.  Following Ranma's path to school, they noticed him
running into Toji, Kensuke and Hikari.  As Shinji followed the events, he
suddenly noticed that a fight was going to occur between Toji and Ranma.  Not
wanting his new friend in the hospital again, Shinji started to run after him.
Asuka on the other hand was really mad at Ranma for just ignoring her.  She
hoped Toji beat him up, just not to much.  Startled, where did that come from.

     "You're on."  With that Toji swung at Ranma expecting impact, but when
his fist arrived at where Ranma's head use to be, it was not there anymore.
Swinging a few more times, Toji noticed that all his punches were missing.
*What in the world?  How am I missing so badly?*  What made him mad was not
that he was missing but that Ranma had his hands behind his back after
avoiding the first couple of punches.  *He's taunting him,* Toji thought
angrily.

     *This guy is really slow.  His punches might be as strong as Akane but
are slower than hers.  Time to end this.*  Dodging the next punch, Ranma
sweeped Toji off his feet.  After which he headed toward school.  Ranma was
disappointed that the kid was not even close to Akane's skill.

     Ranma's display brought total silence tot he courtyard.  Eveyone could
not believe what just happened.  To many Toji was one of the best fighter at
the school and he wa easily beaten by the new kid.  What was more was that the
new kid did not even break a sweat.

      Shinji who was running ever since he saw Toji starting to punch Ranma
stopped in his tracks.  He could not believe what just happened.  Ranma had
easily defeated Toji and Toji was never even close to touching Ranma.  "Wow!"

      Asuka just face faulted through the entire fight.

To be Continued